Vallejo Hunger Walk Coming Soon

Once again, First Christian Church, Vallejo is one of the sponsoring organizations of the 6th annual CROP Vallejo Hunger Walk which will take place on April 25th.  This year the Walk moves back to Saturday morning.  We will start at 9:30 am with registration at the Ferry Building and start the Walk (along the waterfront) at 10:15. 

Before this, there are many other ways to help raise money for the organizations that benefit from the Hunger Walk (75% of the funds raised at the Walk goes to CROP, while the other 25% is split between the Food Bank of  Contra Costa & Solano County, the Amador St. Hope Center, the St. Vincent DePaul Society and the American Canyon Family Resource Center).  Four Vallejo restaurants are having special nights where they will donate 20% of your meal ticket to the Hunger Walk.  They are Rubio‚Äôs Fresh Mexican Grill on March 18th, The Habit Burger Grill on March 23rd and 24th, Black Bear Diner on April 8th and Pasta Pomodoro on April 14th and 15th.  Please check out (and like) our facebook page at  There, you will find the flyers to print out which you will need to present at each restaurant to get the donations.  There are also copies of the flyers in the back of the church. 

Also on March 22nd at 6:30 pm, our church will be hosting a benefit concert featuring the Pickle Creek String Band.  They play bluegrass, old time appalachian, Irish, Celtic, folk, and much more.  The cost is $10.00 at the door.  All proceeds will benefit the four local agencies mentioned above.  Invite your friends as it plans on being a fun time!  Look for more information on the Hunger Walk itself coming soon!